Taking Care of You Policy
We would like to assure you that the health and safety of both our future guests and our team members is, and always has been, the top priority at Butler House & Garden. We are delighted to be part of the Fáilte Ireland COVID-19 Safety Charter.
Whether you are planning to visit Kilkenny for your Autumn Break or in the future, our team members are ready to welcome you with the warm Kilkenny hospitality you’ve come to expect.
All of these measures are in place to ensure the health and safety of all our guests and staff. We very much want to ensure that enjoy your time with us in our little 'Sanctuary in the City'.
Taking Care of You Policy
- We will endeavour to minimise time spent at reception by asking guests to check-in in advance of arrival and providing express check-out, thereby avoiding the need to visit reception.
- We will arrange the pre-booking of all experiences in advance.
- Our new, highly trained Guest Care and Wellness Team will be on hand at all times to ensure guests are safe and comfortable during their stay with us.
- Our Housekeeping teams will be increasing the frequency of cleaning throughout the hotel. Door handles and other touch points will be cleaned regularly.
- We will provide hand-sanitisation units throughout for use by staff and guests.
- We will respectfully request guests to use electronic payment at all times.
- We will restrict the use of hotel lift to sole, family group and disabled guests use only.
- We will introduce a one-way flow system for breakfast service.
- Guests may be allocated specific dining times.
- We will endeavour to ensure appropriate social distancing rules are maintained throughout the hotel
- We will continue to monitor and update our “Taking Care of You Policies” in line with best practices and advice from the government.
Common Questions & Answers
Is the Hotel open?
- Butler House & Garden is open.
- If you have a specific request regarding an existing booking please contact the reservations department on +353 56 7722828 or by emailing email@example.com.
Will the Garden be open to the public?
- The Garden is currently restricted to residents only until June 7th 2021.
Can I transfer my booking to a future date?
- As a prospective guest you can book safe in the knowledge that you have the freedom to transfer your room reservation to a future date if you wish. If you have an existing booking, please contact our reservations department on firstname.lastname@example.org. An additional charge may apply due to the choice of your requested day of the week and time of year (e.g. moving a booked midweek date to a requested weekend date).
- Please note: If you have or intend to book with a third-party website such as Booking.com you will have to adhere to their booking terms and conditions, as these are outside of our control. We suggest you book directly with us and we will do everything we can to facilitate any changes and requests - www.butler.ie.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Guest room reservations can cancel on the day of arrival without any penalty.
Will the dining and beverage facilities be open?
- Indoor dining is currently restricted to in-house residents, and The Orangerie will be open to non-residents from June 7th 2021.
What is the cleaning procedures of guest rooms?
- The Hotel has rigorous cleaning procedures as standard throughout. As an extra precaution, we have introduced enhanced cleaning and sanitisation protocols throughout all bedrooms, public areas and back of house. Hand sanitisers are also available for all guests, customers and staff to use.
- The Hotel will follow the latest guidance from the World Health Organisation, Public Health and HSE, and ensure all staff are up to date with enhanced procedures across the Hotel.
- Specific Covid-19 training has been carried out with all our employees to ensure the safety of our guests.
Can I buy a gift voucher?
- Gift vouchers can be purchased online for use for overnight stays or afternoon tea.
I have a wedding or event booked, will it go ahead?
- We look forward to welcoming you to the Hotel and request that if you would like to discuss your Wedding or Event booking, kindly contact our Events Department on email@example.com.
Can I make a wedding appointment?
- Are you engaged or thinking of getting married? Anne Marie Hallinan our Business Development Manager would be delighted to arrange a Wedding video appointment with you via FaceTime or WhatsApp. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Have there been any confirmed cases within the property past or present?
- There have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 at the hotel.
Have you other questions?
- Should you have any other questions please contact our reservations department on + 353 56 7722828 and they will be happy to assist you further.
We look forward to welcoming you back with the warm Kilkenny hospitality you’ve come to expect.
You can also view our Safety Charter here.