Taking Care of You Policy
BUTLER HOUSE REOPENING PLANS
We are delighted to announce that Butler House is now open and we would like to assure you that the health and safety of both our future guests and our team members is, and always has been, the top priority at Butler House & Garden.
Whether you are planning to visit Kilkenny for your Summer Holiday or in the future, our team members are ready to welcome you with the warm Kilkenny hospitality you’ve come to expect.
This is a fluid situation, we are living in an ever changing environment, and we will continue to keep this page updated, strictly adhering to government advice and continually monitoring our protocols in line with ongoing updates.
Taking Care of You Policy
- We will endeavour to minimise time spent at reception by asking guests to check-in in advance of arrival and providing express check-out, thereby avoiding the need to visit reception.
- We will arrange the pre-booking of all experiences in advance.
- Our new, highly trained Guest Care and Wellness Team will be on hand at all times to ensure guests are safe and comfortable during their stay with us.
- Our Housekeeping teams will be increasing the frequency of cleaning throughout the hotel. Door handles and other touch points will be cleaned regularly.
- We will provide hand-sanitisation units throughout for use by staff and guests.
- We will respectfully request guests to use electronic payment at all times.
- We will restrict the use of hotel lift to sole, family group and disabled guests use only.
- We will introduce a one-way flow system for breakfast service.
- Guests may be allocated specific dining times.
- We will endeavour to ensure appropriate social distancing rules are maintained throughout the hotel
- We will continue to monitor and update our “Taking Care of You Policies” in line with best practices and advice from the government.
Common Questions & Answers
Is the Hotel open?
- We are open for accommodation bookings from 29th June 2020 with HSE Guidelines, rigorous health and safety measures, and appreciate your support more than ever in these challenging times.
- Bookings for non-residents wishing to make a food or beverage booking will not be available at this time.
- If you have a specific request regarding an existing booking please contact the reservations department on +353 56 7722828.
- Due to the current closure of the House we kindly ask that until further notice all new reservations check availability and book via our website which promises to offer best rate guarantee www.butler.ie
Will the Garden be open to the public?
- To adhere to the health guidelines and to protect our guests and staff the Garden will not be open to the public until further notice, but may be subject to change in line with HSE guidelines.
Can I transfer my booking to a future date?
- As a prospective guest you can book safe in the knowledge that you have the freedom to transfer your room reservation to a future date if you wish. If you have an existing booking, please contact our reservations department on email@example.com. An additional charge may apply due to the choice of your requested day of the week and time of year (e.g. moving a booked midweek date to a requested weekend date).
- Please note: If you have or intend to book with a third-party website such as Booking.com you will have to adhere to their booking terms and conditions, as these are outside of our control. We suggest you book directly with us and we will do everything we can to facilitate any changes and requests - www.butler.ie.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Guest room reservations can cancel on the day of arrival without any penalty. In the event that there is delay in the reopening date of the Hotel due to government advice, and your arrival is within that delayed period there will be no charge to cancel your reservation and you will have the option to reschedule to a future date.
Will the dining and beverage facilities be open?
- As of the 29th June 2020 the only dining option available in the House will be for Breakfast only.
Will room service be available?
- It is planned room service will be available for Breakfast only.
What is the cleaning procedures of guest rooms?
- The Hotel has rigorous cleaning procedures as standard throughout. As an extra precaution, we have introduced enhanced cleaning and sanitisation protocols throughout all bedrooms, public areas and back of house. Hand sanitisers are also available for all guests, customers and staff to use.
- The Hotel will follow the latest guidance from the World Health Organisation, Public Health and HSE, and ensure all staff are up to date with enhanced procedures across the Hotel.
- Specific Covid-19 training has been carried out with all our employees to ensure the safety of our guests.
Can I buy a gift voucher?
- Gift vouchers can be purchased online for use for overnight stays.
- If you have a voucher that expires between 01/03/2020 and 31/12/2020 the hotel will extend your voucher in goodwill until 30/06/2021. Full details of how to extend your voucher(s) will be provided when the hotel opens.
I have a wedding or event booked, will it go ahead?
- We look forward to welcoming you to the Hotel and request that if you would like to discuss your Wedding or Event booking, kindly contact our Events Department on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I make a wedding appointment?
- Are you engaged or thinking of getting married? Anne Marie Hallinan our Business Development Manager would be delighted to arrange a Wedding video appointment with you via FaceTime or WhatsApp. Please email email@example.com
Have there been any confirmed cases within the property past or present?
- There have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 at the hotel.
Have you other questions?
- Should you have any other questions please contact our reservations department on + 353 56 7722828 and they will be happy to assist you further.
We look forward to welcoming you back with the warm Kilkenny hospitality you’ve come to expect in the near future.
You can also view our Safety Charter here.