Taking Care of You Policy
We would like to assure you that the health and safety of both our future guests and our team members is, and always has been, the top priority at Butler House & Garden. We are delighted to be part of the Fáilte Ireland COVID-19 Safety Charter.
If you are planning to visit Kilkenny in the future, our team members are ready to welcome you with the warm Kilkenny hospitality you’ve come to expect.
All of these measures are in place to ensure the health and safety of all our guests and staff. We very much want to ensure that enjoy your time with us in our little 'Sanctuary in the City'.
Taking Care of You Policy
- We will arrange the pre-booking of all experiences in advance.
- Our highly trained Guest Care and Wellness Team are on hand at all times to ensure guests are safe and comfortable during their stay with us.
- Our Housekeeping teams have increased the frequency of cleaning throughout the hotel. Door handles and other touch points are cleaned regularly.
- Hand-sanitisation units are available throughout the House for use by staff and guests.
- We respectfully request guests to use electronic payment at all times.
- We are restricting the use of hotel lift to sole, family group and disabled guests use only.
- We have introduced a one-way flow system for breakfast service.
- Guests may be allocated specific dining times.
- We will endeavour to ensure appropriate social distancing rules are maintained throughout the hotel
- We are continuing to monitor and update our “Taking Care of You Policies” in line with best practices and advice from the government.
Common Questions & Answers
Is the Hotel open?
- Butler House & Garden is open.
- If you have a specific request regarding an existing booking please contact the reservations department on +353 56 7722828 or by emailing email@example.com.
Will the Garden be open to the public?
- The Garden is currently open.
Can I transfer my booking to a future date?
- As a prospective guest you can book safe in the knowledge that you have the freedom to transfer your room reservation to a future date if you wish. If you have an existing booking, please contact our reservations department on firstname.lastname@example.org. An additional charge may apply due to the choice of your requested day of the week and time of year (e.g. moving a booked midweek date to a requested weekend date).
- Please note: If you have or intend to book with a third-party website such as Booking.com you will have to adhere to their booking terms and conditions, as these are outside of our control. We suggest you book directly with us and we will do everything we can to facilitate any changes and requests - www.butler.ie.
What is the cancellation policy?
- We currently operate a 48 hours cancelation policy.
Will the dining and beverage facilities be open?
- Breakfast is served in the Lady Eleanor Room daily. Lite Bites are served in the Garden View Room from 12 noon till 3pm with Tea, Coffee and Scones available from 11am daily. Afternoon Tea is a special occasion at Bulter House and hosted on selected Saturdays throughout the year and for larger gatherings of 25 guests - please email email@example.com if you would like more information.
What is the cleaning procedures of guest rooms?
- The Hotel has rigorous cleaning procedures as standard throughout. As an extra precaution, we have introduced enhanced cleaning and sanitisation protocols throughout all bedrooms, public areas and back of house. Hand sanitisers are also available for all guests, customers and staff to use.
- The Hotel will follow the latest guidance from the World Health Organisation, Public Health and HSE, and ensure all staff are up to date with enhanced procedures across the Hotel.
- Specific Covid-19 training has been carried out with all our employees to ensure the safety of our guests.
Can I buy a gift voucher?
- Gift vouchers can be purchased online for use for overnight stays, afternoon tea or other food & beverage services.
I have a wedding or event booked, will it go ahead?
- We look forward to welcoming you to the Hotel and request that if you would like to discuss your Wedding or Event booking, kindly contact our Events Department on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I make a wedding appointment?
- Are you engaged or thinking of getting married? Mary-Aine our Wedding Coordinator would be delighted to arrange a Wedding appointment with you in-person or virtually. Please email email@example.com.
Have you other questions?
- Should you have any other questions please contact our reservations department on + 353 56 7722828 and they will be happy to assist you further.
We look forward to welcoming you back with the warm Kilkenny hospitality you’ve come to expect.
The Management Team at Butler House & Garden