With the May Bank Holiday Weekend on our doorstep, and an abundance of chocolate around after Easter, our Head Chef Ger has kindly shared this easy (and wonderfully decadent) Chocolate Brownie Recipe for you to try at home. This simple-to-follow recipe means that the whole family can get involved; from little ones in need of an activity to those simply looking for a chocolate fix.
- 375g salted butter
- 375g good quality dark chocolate
- 350g caster sugar
- 250g white chocolate chips (buttons or chunks work fine too)
- 225g plain flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Prehead the oven to 180C.
- Put the butter and the dark chocolate into a bowl and melt slowly over a pan of shallow simmering water (make sure that the bowl isn't touching the water as this may burn the chocolate). Once fully melted, take the bowl off the pan and set aside to cool.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk thoroughly until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Once the chocolate and butter mixture has cooled, pour in the fluffy egg and sugar mixture and give it a gentle stir.
- Fold the flour in (sifting the flour in works best as it will get rid of any lumps).
- Add the white chocolate chips to the mixture. Be sure not to over mix at this point.
- Line a baking dish with greaseproof paper and tip the mixture in.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the brownies have just a subtle 'wobble' left!
- Cool, slice and enjoy!