Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Allergens: Egg Milk Wheat
- 1 Cup of All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 and 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 1/4 Stick Butter (2 oz Melted)
- 1/4 Stick Melted Butter (For Frying)
- Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice (2 Lemons)
- 1/4 to 1/2 Cup Sugar (For Serving)
- Make a batter by whisking together the flour, salt, eggs and milk.
- Add the melted butter and continue to whisk to form a smooth, thin batter.
- Heat an 8-inch pan over medium-high heat, and brush with melted butter.
- Pour about 1/4 cuo of batter into the pan, and tilt the pan from side to side to cover it in a thing layer of batter.
- Reduce to medium heat. Wjen the top is beginning to look dry after 1 to 2 minutes, flip the pancake and continue to cook for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute on the second side.
- Transfer the cooked pancake or crepe to a plate, and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter. This recipe yields between 12 to 15, 8-inch pancakes, depending on how thickly they are poured.
- When the pancakes are cooked, pour 1 to 2 teaspoons of lemon juice on the inside of each pancake, then sprinkle with sugar. Roll each pancake to form a cylindrical shape. Serve immediately.
Did you know that in years gone by, eating fat, butter and eggs was forbidden during the 40 days of Lent. Pancakes were the perfect treat to use up any kitchen stores of banned lenten ingredients!